aeo12;661050 Wrote:
> I have a library of about 150,000 songs and had to stop using Custom
> Scan about a year and a half ago because rescans took too long (about
> 8-10 hours when I had 120,000 songs).  I thought I'd give the new alpha
> version a try hoping that the incremental scan capability would help.
> However, I had to give up when the initial scan was still in process
> after 20 hours.  Is there anything I can do to speed up the initial
> scan?  I really miss using Custom Scan tags with Custom Browse, but if
> a full rescan can't be completed overnight, it just isn't feasible.

Hi Erland, I updated to the new version of the Custom Scan alpha and it
made a big difference.  A scan of the entire library took about 5 hours.
I then loaded several new albums and did a re-scan for new items.
Custom Scan picked up the new album in my primary music library folder,
but not the ones that were in folders on two other hard drives linked to
the main library by symlinks.  The basic SqueezeServer re-scan picked up
these others fine.  I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.7.1.  I'm running
SqueezeServer 7.6.2 which I last updated a couple weeks ago.

Alden Olson

--
aeo12