Mnyb;671484 Wrote:

> But the main drawback is that MIPheadless don't store the fingerprint
> in a file tag , MIPgui or genpiud does that .

Interesting read and while my MIP and sugarcube (3.50) are working fine
with LMS 7.7 this statement confused me?

When I first setup MIP a couple of months ago (all music and server on
same Windows Vista PC) I have both the GUI MIP and headless server
running.  It took  almost a week to analyse my initial library and I
chose the archive option to fingerprint the files.

My procedure now when I add music is to use the GUI MIP to search for
the files, I then cancel this when it starts to analyse them.  I open
up the headless server, reload the cache so it finds the new tracks,
and then I leave this to analyse them in the background (Low
interaction).  However if I then look at the tags of files added this
way they have the fingerprint data in them?  A recent example is
attached?

This was done by the headless MIP server?

|Filename: mip.jpg                                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12802|

Blisteringblue

'What am I listening to?' (http://www.last.fm/user/blisteringblue)

1 x Boom, 1 x Receiver, 1 x iPhone iPeng