robob;674011 Wrote:

> [19:57:35.327381] main:361
> /Users/Rob/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotify/Bin/darwin-thread-multi-2level/spotifyd
> 2.2.1 started
> [19:57:35.329007] main:419 Unable to create session: Unable to open
> trace file
>
> [19:58:00.967500] main:361
> /Users/Rob/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotify/Bin/darwin-thread-multi-2level/spotifydppc
> 2.2.1 started
> [19:58:00.969318] main:419 Unable to create session: Unable to open
> trace file

This looks to be only impacting ppc based Macs.  Could one of the
people with the problem try the following:

1) Open a shell and change directory to the location of spotifyd and
spotifyd.conf.
2) prove spotfyd stops with this above error message by running it:
./spotifyd
3) edit the spotifyd.conf file to change the loglevel to TRACE
4) try running spotifyd again - do you see any different error
messages?

(the trace feature should be switched off by default - I am not sure
what is happening here yet, but the above should create a tracefile)

--
Triode