NikolajC;673964 Wrote:
> I have tried what I thought was the correct way to do a manual install:
>
> 1. Remove newest plugin and stop server.
> 2. Copy 2.0.4 to
> \var\lib\squeezeboxserver\cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins (that's where
> I found 2.2.1 plugin too - \var\lib\squeezeboxserver\Plugins is
> empty).
> 3. Setting group and user/owner to standard squeezeboxserver (like
> 2.2.1 had).
> 4. Starting the server again.
>
> But for the life of me I cannot get the helper app to start with
> anything but 2.2.1
>
> What am I missing?
>
> It doesn't seem to actually install using the above method. For
> instance there are no .conf files in Spotify\Bin\arm-linux for
> starters.

IF you manually install the plugin you will need to unzip the contents
of the zip folder into the plugin location and make sure the plugin
folder is at the top level of the Plugins's folder:

you should see a file:
../Plugins/Spotify/install.xml

Where .. depends on which plugin path you used.

--
Triode