Triode;674290 Wrote:
> This looks to be only impacting ppc based Macs.  Could one of the people
> with the problem try the following:
>
> 1) Open a shell and change directory to the location of spotifyd and
> spotifyd.conf.
> 2) prove spotfyd stops with this above error message by running it:
> ./spotifyd
> 3) edit the spotifyd.conf file to change the loglevel to TRACE
> 4) try running spotifyd again - do you see any different error
> messages?
>
> (the trace feature should be switched off by default - I am not sure
> what is happening here yet, but the above should create a tracefile)

I ran ./spotifyd directly, as requested. The same error message
appeared in the log file (nothing at all in my terminal window).  I
then modified the .conf file to log level TRACE and tried again. This
then produced the message shown below in the terminal:

[21:44:56.570623] main:361 ./spotifyd 2.2.1 started
[21:44:56.572775] main:381 Config: username: robobSB cachedir:
/Users/Rob/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/spotifycache bitrate: 160 volnorm:
1 httpport: 9005 cliport: 9090
[21:44:56.573313] main:392 tracefile: tracefile
[21:44:56.573761] main:407 error on bind listenfd: Address already in
use

Spotifyd appeared to be running at this point and capable of streaming
music (the status page on the web interface still reports helper app
not running, however). I then reverted to log level INFO in the .conf
file and re-ran .'spotifyd' manually - it continued to work. I then did
a system restart and noticed that Spotify was again not working (ps -ax
confirmed that the helper app wasn't running). The error messages
originally reported appeared again in the log file. Manually starting
./Spotifyd got it working again (no message in the log file in response
to this). The .conf file was set to log level INFO at this point.

--
robob