bluebell;677522 Wrote:
> Hi Erland,
>
> I bought a license for Custom Clock and installed the license manager.
> The Plugin in Squeezebox Server tells me that I have a (temporary)
> license until 2012-01-01. I bought a one year license.
>
> As expected, license manager software is a source of trouble, at least
> in my life. That was the reason I hesitated. Now to the symptoms:
>
> The license manager on my Squeezebox Touch doesn't believe that Custom
> Clock is licensed. I already rebooted the Server, powercycled the
> Touch, reinstalled license manager, but the scrolling license message
> doesn't disappear.
>
> What can I do to fix it?

The temporary license will switch to the 1 year license after I've
reviewed the payment, this usually happens within a day after the
payment, the status is updated the next day or earlier if you push the
"Refresh" button in License Manager settings page in SBS.

It's also important to realize that there are:
1. A License Manager plugin which have to be installed in SBS (which
you do the purchase through)
2. A License Manager applet which have to be installed on the Touch
through Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer menu.

Some troubleshooting tips:

1.
Have you installed the License Manager applet directly on the Touch
through Settings/Advanced/Applet Installer ?

2.
Try hitting the "Settings/Advanced/License Manager/Refresh" menu on the
Touch, does that help ?

3.
If that doesn't help, check if the License Manager 40 character
identity shown on the Touch in "Settings/Advanced/License Manager"
matches the one shown in SBS License Manager settings page or in the
receipt which you hopefully should have got from me via mail now as I
just reviewed the payments received so far today.

If the identities doesn't match it generally means that either SBS or
Touch is connected to another mysqueezebox.com identity. This can
sometimes happen if you have changed your mysqueezebox.com mail
address, in that case, mail me the current mysqueezebox.com mail
address together with the 40 character license identity that's shown on
your Touch display.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.