How does your Custom Scan configuration look like ?

Is WORKARTIST a custom tag in your music files or is it something
that's only configured in the Custom Scan configuration ?

Generally speaking:

1. LETTER NAVIGATION
If you see big letters while scrolling with the slide bar on the touch
screen, it should also work to use number navigation on IR remote, to
make this work the following has to apply:
- There is a <menulinks>alpha</menulinks> element on the particular
menu level
- The SQL of the menu contains a third parameter that looks something
like this ( look for "substr" and "1,1)" ):

Code:
--------------------

substr(ifnull(customscan_track_attributes.valuesort,customscan_track_attributes.value),1,1)

--------------------

As far as I can see this is the case in "Works by Work Artist" and
"Works by Composer" menu but not in the second level of the "Albums by
Composer" menu. Adding a "substr(albums.titlesort,1,1)" will probably
also make it work in "Albums by Composer", so basically change:

Code:
--------------------

  <menutype>sql</menutype>
  <jivepattern>^(.*)\s\((.*)\)$</jivepattern>
  <menudata>
  select albums.id,albums.title from
contributor_album,albums,multilibrary_album

--------------------

Code:
--------------------

  <menutype>sql</menutype>
  <menulinks>alpha</menulinks>
  <jivepattern>^(.*)\s\((.*)\)$</jivepattern>
  <menudata>
  select albums.id,albums.title,substr(albums.titlesort,1,1) from
contributor_album,albums,multilibrary_album

--------------------

So except for this albums list in "Albums by Composer" the number key
navigation should work, in my library I can't try it with your
configuration because it gives too few entries to verify the issue.

I suggest that you try the above mentioned change and then see if the
issue still remains and in that case report:
- Which menus and menu levels in these menus it doesn't work in
- How many entries the non working menu levels have
- If a big letter is shown or not when using the slidebar to the right
on the touch screen
- If the web interface provide a numeric page bar or a alpabetic page
bar to navigate between different pages on these non working menu
levels.

2. CONTEXT MENUS
The problem is that Custom Browse currently doesn't implement its own
context menus, instead it reuses the context menus of standard SBS.
Unfortunately the standard menus in SBS doesn't support custom object
types, like the tags scanned with Custom Scan, so any menu level which
represent an item that does not exist in standard SBS database tables
will provide an empty context menu. So basically it's currently
possible to make it work for albums, artists, tracks, genres,
playlists, years but nothing else.

I think it will work correctly in iPeng because it provides the
playback related context menu items automatically and it will also work
on web interface and IR-remote. Not sure how it works in other
Android/iOS remotes, might work in those too, I just haven't tried it.

The missing parts are:

- Missing ability to play/add a WORK or WORKARTIST using the touch
screen of the Squeezebox Touch. I think playing a WORK will actually
work if you have "Play other songs in album or directory" option
enabled in the player settings, but you have do dive down into the song
level and play the first song of the work (which should add the other
songs of the work to the playlist automatically)

- Missing ability to add a WORK or WORKARTIST using IR remote or touch
screen since the + button/hold action just opens an empty context menu.
Play should work properly on IR remote, since you can use the play
button on IR remote, but add is currently not available.

I'll take a closer look if it would be possible to fix the + (context
menu) issue, but I don't want to promise anything before I've
investigated it further.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.