treble;698259 Wrote:

> 1. It is very hard to see which song is actually playing.  I see that
> the artwork thumbnail is a bit bigger, but that is it. If I am scrolled
> down all the way on my playlist I have a hard time finding the song that
> is currently playing.  Maybe pressing on the 'Current Song and remaining
> time' in the bottom right could bring you to the current song?  Or give
> the background a different color?

Year. OK, looks like this really needs more work...

> 2. I would love to see a 'Play Next' feature when selecting a song...
> 3. I would love to see a 'Remove this song from playlist' option
> 4. I would like to press on other songs in the playlist (either already
> played or coming up) and have them either play immediately or play
> next.

I tend to favor some kind of voting...

> 5. The pop up that a song is added is a bit hard to use, which you
> wouldn't expect.  I try to close it by pressing the x, but I guess I
> time it wrong or something because it doesn't really go away, but the
> same song is added again...

Here I see I need to remove the "x".... The popup will vanish on it's
own anyway.

> I guess I have a different view of Party Mode.  The main thing I'd like
> to prevent is that my friends inadvertently delete the whole play list
> by choosing 'Play' in iPeng or something.

Yea, well, this is what iPeng's Party Mode does, the idea of this App
was kind of to take it to extremes to make sure you really don't have
to care about your guests taking any real control beyond adding what
they would like to hear.

I think I'll go on collecting ideas for how playlist management could
be improved for a while and then probably go for voting+more rights for
your own additions - if I can nail the "identify your tracks" problem.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, iPeng for iPad and
*New: iPeng Party, the free party App*, at penguinlovesmusic.com