Some further thoughts from me:

It's fairly easy to come up with a lot of cool ideas, but when I take
it one step further my dilemma (if I should be honest) is that I can't
really see the situation where I would use it.

The reasons are:

1.
At more or less every big party I've been the music has not been
controlled by a Squeezebox. And if it was using Squeezebox often less
than half of the participants have a iOS device in their pocket.

2.
At small parties with 3-4 friends it's not that often that we have a
need to think ahead and create long playlists. I have been in
situations where we have discussed music and someone has said "have you
heard the song by ..." and we have tried to find it either on YouTube or
Spotify. It kind of feels like it could be of interest in this scenario.
However, for this kind of situation it's very important that the
playlist doesn't grow and become too big, I would even say that it
needs to be limited to maximum 5-10 songs because if I add a track and
it's 20 songs away, I have no idea if we are even going to listen to
music when the playlist reaches my song.

The problem with long playlists are going to be even worse in big
parties, my track is always going to end up at the back and not be
played until several hours in the future.

So for me personally, I could see situations in a small party where it
could be of interest to use iPeng Party, because it lets everyone
browse and search for songs by themselves, but it feels like I would
like it to either:

* Be impossible to add more than 5 tracks, if 5 tracks are in the
playlist, you have to wait until there is only 4 tracks in the playlist
before you can add another one.
or
* Some kind of turn based algorithm were each connected iOS device get
a hole of 60 seconds where it can add a track and if the user of that
iOS device decided either pass or doesn't add a song during that time,
the turn goes to next iOS device running iPeng Party.
or
* Have a select tracks period for 30 seconds where all iPeng Party
instances can select one potential track and then after this have a
voting period where all iPeng Party instances can vote on the selected
tracks (but not on the one they added themselves).

Basically my feeling is that for this to become something really useful
it's critical to introduce features that limits the length of the
playlist or somehow makes sure there is a way for me to get my track
played at least during the next 30-60 minutes.

Another thing that potentially could be really useful is to make it
possible to browse information related to what's currently playing, but
unfortunately this is something that doesn't seem to exist in iPeng
Party at the moment, unless I've missed some hidden Now Playing screen
that offers this functionality. I thinking about things like, other
albums/songs by same artist, artist images, biographies, reviews,
similar artists, wikipedia, post to facebook/twitter, ...

Finally, not sure if this has been mentioned already, but some way to
click on a track and see the remaining time until that track will be
played would also be good.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
You may also want to try my Android apps 'Squeeze Display'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.squeezedisplay)
and 'RSS Photo Show'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow)
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.