MillmoorRon wrote:
> Yeah, it was a 'truly dynamic' (where all the parameters are picked at
> runtime) dynamic playlist I was thinking of!
>
> Currently, if the results of the custom browse are quite large it can
> create a playlist with MANY tracks in.
>
> On a related issue, is it possible to get all the possible values of a
> Custom Scan custom tag as a PlaylistParameter in a SQL?

Yes, take a look at the "Random for custom tag" template which should be
available if you have Custom Scan installed.
The template file name is in
CustomScan/PlaylistTemplates/randomforcustomtag.* but you can probably
just create a playlist of this type through the SQL Playlist user
interface if you want to see how it looks like.

MillmoorRon wrote:

> Also, is it possible to have a PlaylistParameter which has an 'all'
> entry?
>
> For example:

Code:

> might result in a list of 'All, 1970, 1972, 1973, ...'
>
> so that an optional narrowing down of results could be achieved.

Not easily, possibly it might be possible to combine it with some logic
in the SQL which treats a certain value as not selected.
What kind of scenario/type of playlist are you thinking of ?