I don't use Windows normally and the last tuime I did any trouble
shooting of the plugin was with Vista.

I don't know anything about the changes that happened in Windows 7 or 8
(is this a pre-release version ?).

The following are general suggestions workign from memory

1. Check properties of the drive and look at the permission etc.
2. Make sure there is no background media application (e.g. Windows
media) or support tool running. In Vista Windows would setup a Media
fast launch app automatically with a new config.   cdda2wav needs
exclusive access to CD drive - it will not share. Try disabling CD drive
sharing.
3. Make sure LMS and all application run under a user id as CD drive
cannot be accessed by applications running as a service
4. Try testing cdda2wav running in various compartibility mode such as
winxp sp3 to see if it can find the cd drive.
5. Check all the reported problem fixes regarding CDROM drive not being
visible in Win 8 such as
http://itechbook.net/how-to-show-up-dvdcd-rom-in-windows-8-if-not-detected-tutorial.html

6. Failing the above, perhaps a new version of cygwin or cdda2wav might
be needed but I don't know if the output of updated cdda2wav is
compatible