bpa wrote:
> I don't use Windows normally and the last tuime I did any trouble
> shooting of the plugin was with Vista.
>
> I don't know anything about the changes that happened in Windows 7 or 8
> (is this a pre-release version ?).
>
> The following are general suggestions workign from memory
>
> 1. Check properties of the drive and look at the permission etc.
> 2. Make sure there is no background media application (e.g. Windows
> media) or support tool running. In Vista Windows would setup a Media
> fast launch app automatically with a new config.   cdda2wav needs
> exclusive access to CD drive - it will not share. Try disabling CD drive
> sharing.
> 3. Make sure LMS and all application run under a user id as CD drive
> cannot be accessed by applications running as a service
> 4. Try testing cdda2wav running in various compartibility mode such as
> winxp sp3 to see if it can find the cd drive.
> 5. Check all the reported problem fixes regarding CDROM drive not being
> visible in Win 8 such as
> http://itechbook.net/how-to-show-up-dvdcd-rom-in-windows-8-if-not-detected-tutorial.html
>
> 6. Failing the above, perhaps a new version of cygwin or cdda2wav might
> be needed but I don't know if the output of updated cdda2wav is
> compatible

Thanks for the tips.  I'll give them a shot when I get home.

One more detail: I have 3 hard drives attached to my system; 1 internal,
2 external.  Interestingly, cdda2wav -scanbus shows the internal but
only one of the external hard drives.  I'd love to know more about what
protocol/interface/whatever differences there are between the drives
cdda2wav "sees" and those it fails to see.