ChrisNY wrote:
> Same issue w/persist.db.  I tend to agree this must be some kind of file
> locking that is particular to my setup.  Bummer.  Oh well, thank you for
> your efforts!  I will pick away on my side to see if I come up with
> anything.
>
> -Chris

I have a VortexBox appliance which is basically a Fedora Linux box with
LMS and that works fine with a Samba share. I edited this Wiki entry to
show how it can/should be done:
http://info.vortexbox.org/tiki-index.php?page=SetupMuso

You might like to compare what you did with that.

Another user I have with a Synology NAS box did it a different way -
moved his db to a shareable volume and created a symbolic link to the
new location from the original, I'm not sure if the Samba share route
would have worked for him, but you could consider this route also.
Details here:
http://forum.synology.com/enu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58837