PasTim wrote:
> Depending on your NAS you could try the reverse, i.e. put LMS on the
> NAS, but I know LMS will only run on certain flavours.

Running LMS on a NAS is likely a bad idea if you use a lot of third
party plugins which requires a lot of memory/CPU. It all depends on the
performance on the NAS of course but I've seen many users who have
performance problems when they try to run LMS on a NAS. I think it's
very unlikely that moving LMS to the NAS is going to speed things up,
it's a lot more likely it's going to slow things down considerably. It's
better to only use the NAS as file storage and run LMS on a normal
computer, that's what I do in my own setup.

As garym mentions, storing the music files on a local drive on the
computer might speed things up a lot, because disk access towards a
local disc is usually considerably faster than disc access towards a NAS
(which is limited by the network bandwidth).