chill wrote:
> I'm also now seeing a problem that someone else reported earlier - the
> playlist seems to start playback at the second track.   Skipping and
> deleting tracks in general seems a bit hit and miss, so rather than
> skipping a track I've tended to start a new mix, and this is when I've
> noticed the problem of starting on the second track.

Forgive me quoting my own post, but I wonder if it's possible there's
still a problem with Triode's Spotify plugin and the Spotify tracks that
Smartmix queues up.  I've been experimenting this evening, trying to get
to the bottom of the 'second track' issue.  In addition to this issue
I've noticed playback stopping and starting, and various track skipping
issues.  By a process of elimination it seems to be that some Spotify
tracks seem to cause problems, but I can't tell what it is about those
tracks that's different.

- When I use Triode's plugin to play a Spotify 'radio', ie not using the
Smartmix plugin, playback is perfect - no skipping, playlist starts at
first track etc.
- When I use the Smartmix plugin to generate a 'Classic Rock' mix from
just my own local library, then playback is perfect in this case too.
- But if I add 'Spotify' to the music sources for Smartmix, then I get
playback problems.

Could it be that Triode's Spotify plugin can't play some of these
Spotify tracks, due to region problems, or is it feasible that they're
being streamed from a server too far from my own region (in the UK), so
that internet latency is causing a problem?