boardtc wrote:
> I hope you will forgive a quick off-post. I'd love to have a similar
> plugin for RTE -
> http://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/rteradiowebpage.html
>
> Would producing a plugin like this be a lot of work? Where would one
> start?
>
> Thanks a lot!
This really should be a separate thread as RTE has nothing to do with
BBC.

I created an RTEplayer plugin years ago (so long the original thread is
not longer in the forum but IIRC still available under 3rd party
plugins.) but you'll never get a plugin similar to BBCiPlayer because
RTE website/podcast/listenback/app infrastructure is a mess. If you
decide to install the plugin you will also need to install PlayReal to
play Realaudio format.

Unlike BBc there is no single feed of program info and web pages for
programs are subtly different so no single parser can be written so
aplugin would be high maintenance. Again unlike BBC - there is no single
feed which provides all the available podcasts - you have to go to the
program page to get the relevant podcast feed (e.g. you can play Gloria
podcasts from RTE web pages but not from RTE player app) - again high
maintenance.  RTE also seems to be confused about which audio format to
use - Podcast are MP3, some archive/listen back are still in RealAudio
and newer ones are often in Flash Audio (IIRc some use Flash/encrypted
which mean a plugin would break T&C's of app/website)