Coincidentally, as I was typing this it just failed - but I see nothing
in the squeezebox log.   (Do I need to increase the debug level?)  The

If you increased the log level for plugin.smartmix to debug, then at least we would see whether it sees the track change or not. And please set the log level for spotify (whatever implementation you use) to debug as well.

track was the last in line.   I let it sit for 5 minutes but it did not
play.   I clicked on play for the track, and a new list was generated
(without the stalled track) and the music continued.

I guess the previous tracks didn't play either?

--

Michael