mherger wrote:
> > The track stalled at 15:18:38.0018
> > Smartmix does not appear to generate an error.
>
> I think the problem is that Smart Mix does not get a newsong event when
>
> tracks are skipped. If you look at your log then you see that _all_
> tracks
> before above track were skipped ("not available"), but Smart Mix was not
>
> signaled the newsong event. TBH I'm not sure whether this is an issue in
>
> the server's playlist handling, the spotify plugin or Smart Mix... I'll
>
> see whether I can reproduce it. Can you tell me what tracks you were
> trying to play? Maybe they fail here as well.
>
> --
>
> Michael

At this point the mix had been running for over 2 days and I had set the
variety and adventrurosness higher than normal.   I know that when I
looked at the mix I was pretty much unfamiliar with all of the music and
artists in the current mix.   I did write down the track that it stopped
on and that I tried to re-play.   "Blame it on the Sun"  Silje Nergaard.
I don't think that will help you much - but I will watch for it to
quit again and will dutifully record the tracks the next time it
happens.

On a separate note, I have noticed that some songs in the mix are
"clipped" i.e. it seems that tracks end prematurely on occasion.   I
have noticed this for a while, but since the mix is pulling up a lot of
new music from spotify, I thought it might just be the way the songs had
been recorded.   However a couple of times yesterday music that I was
familiar with did the same thing.   (These were songs that were in my
local collection but played from Spotify)  It is only the last 2 or 3
seconds of the song that is missed and for all I know it might be the
way the tracks are stored on spotify, but thought it was worth
mentioning.  I checked the logs when this occurred and there are no
errors or anything else out of the ordinary reported.