erland wrote:
> Isn't there a risk this will make it stop working for someone in US who
> own the real Squeezebox with the same mac which happens to be turned off
> when you try to use it's mac through your squeezeslave installation ?
>
> From my perspective, it feels like people should ONLY use the mac
> address of a hardware Squeezebox they own themselves if they like to use
> this principle, stealing the mac address from someone else without
> asking for permission is a really bad idea.

True, But what risk?  Since production of Boom's has long since been
shut down, highly unlikely.  So, even if that happens, then just pick
another MAC.  Or if that bothers you find a dead Boom on ebay, get it's
MAC, and then use it.  Of course, you then have to go to support to get
them to remove it.   I've given up on one of my SB receivers that I got
on ebay, as logitech hasn't removed it's prior "registration" per
request so I figure I'm even.  The OP asked a question, I answered it.