Rolly,
Loaded your new v0.8.1 and did a clear & rescan using LMS 7.8.0 -
1368712274 @ Fri May 17 07:10:51 CUT 2013 and it blew the size of
artwork.db from 222,133KB to 721,667KB, Win 7 64bit.
Can't say I notice any increase in speed of the initial display of the
GUI, but LMS is running on an E450 based mini ITX box with 130k tracks.
However three quarters of a gig of artwork is a bit over the top. From
the thread linked in your post I gather that artwork for every track is
stored in a table - has Data Normalization become a thing of the past
with the advent of Terra-byte disks ?
The GUI still says that I have duplicate files on the server, but I
assure you that I haven't. Only one copy of of a cover or a booklet.