Roland0 wrote:
> A E450 is certainly fast enough to do nearly all re-sizing in real-time,
> so you will probably not notice much during normal operations (neither
> do I on my setup). You will see a difference if you open a cover view
> with a lot of albums and increase picture size to 200px (that's the only
> size currently specifically cached for this GUI, other sizes (e.g. the
> 50px used in normal lists) were already cached before by default (for
> the standard web GUI etc.))

OK.

Roland0 wrote:
> I agree, and Michael Herger (who actually implemented the LMS extension
> to make this possible) also commented on the size issue (see 'here'
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98776-Registering-custom-resizing-specificiations-to-be-pre-cached&p=748004&viewfull=1#post748004)),
> however, there was no-follow up till now...
> btw, did you upgrade from 7.7.2 to 7.8? I wonder if this is a relevant
> factor...

I have been running 7.8 for six months now. I check the Commit History
(https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/commits/public/7.8) and upgrade
if there has been any changes. So, am running 7.8.0 - 1369215084 @ Fri
May 24

As it should, I interpreted this post >>-> mherger wrote:
> > Code:[color=blue]
> Keep in mind that larger artwork will require
> a lot more disk space than smaller versions, and every cover is
> pre-cached
> per track, not per album! A 300px image might easily require 100kB or
> more. Times the number of tracks...
> Michael to say that there is a cover per track which would mean for most, if
not all, of my albums there would be duplicate images stored - hence the
comment on normalized data.

Roland0 wrote:
> What's the result of the script I posted a couple of weeks ago? Does is
> list images twice as well?
I run windows boxes (XP and Win 7) and assumed your suggested script was
a linux thing. So, I cobbled together a pc built from older parts and
installed a Vortex Box and copied some of my music across and your GUI
only displays one image, but on both Win 7 and XP it displays two
images.