browngeek wrote:
> Hi
>
> Wonder if you can help me.
>
> I have spotify premium, and I have the plugin installed.
>
> Running the self test, I keep on getting the same error: "Player did not
> connect to helper app - check your firewall allows the helper app to
> receive incoming connections from players on the helper app port defined
> above"
>
> I am running windows 7, running media server version 7.7.2 - r33893 and
> the latest version of the spotify plugin.  I have Windows firewall
> accepting connections to the spotify helper app and have the necessary
> port open (originally it was port 9005, but I also tried port 9100 as
> well).
>
> Spotify shows up on my Squeezebox (Boom), and it goes to the track etc,
> but no movement and obviously no sound.  I have set the helper app log
> to "debug" and here are the results:
>
> [15:28:32.341] music_delivery:445 streamtest - player did not connect
> within timeout
> [15:28:32.341] music_delivery:564 error writing
> [15:31:22.498] end_of_track:632 end of track"
>
> I'm guessing the issue is at the end, i.e. the "error writing" issue.
>
> Any suggestions for what I can do?

This is a network or firewall problem as the "player did not connect
within timeout" message shows that a connection has not been received.
The "error writing" message is a consequence of this rather than a
cause.  I would check all firewall and network settings and try
something like telnetting to port 9100 from a remote machine to see if
the connection is received and creates a connection in the helper app
log.