mherger wrote:

> In the web UI, when drilling down to album lists you can choose between
>
> text only, lists with small icons, or large artwork browse modes (see
> bottom left).
> Michael

Found it, thank you Michael, I cannot recall ever having used this
option.

Roland0 wrote:

> This change fixes the png instead of jpg issue only for the on-demand
> display of  pictures when using the SqueezeJS framework (e.g. the popup
> when hovering over an album cover in the GUI, see this 'post'
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98776-Registering-custom-resizing-specificiations-to-be-pre-cached&p=749366&viewfull=1#post749366),
> the SqueezeJS.SonginfoParser.coverartUrl part specifically).
> The issue that not perfectly square covers are cached as pngs, even if
> the source is jpg  (only for _m and _p image specs, see below), is
> unrelated to this.
>
> Additionally, extGUI ships with it's own modified version of this
> framework, so it won't be by this change (something similar was already
> applied in my dev version when I reported the issue, but there has been
> no new release since then)
>
> As Michael already mentioned, thumbnail specs include aspect ratio. The
> LMS web UI uses 200x200_o (o=original=only width adjusted) if you set
> the size in the preferences to 200px, my plugin registers 200x200_m
> (m=resize using height and width), so you end up with two 200px images
> cached, doubling the storage size.
>
> Anyway, I've already added a preference for the pre-caching (which will
> default to false until the second issue is addressed - either in LMS as
> proposed 'here'
> (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98776-Registering-custom-resizing-specificiations-to-be-pre-cached&p=749502&viewfull=1#post749502),
> or by changing my GUI to use _o resizing, which isn't affected by it),
> so in the next version, you can decide yourself if you want it or not.

OK, I understand better now. Looking forward to the next version.

For experimentation I set Settings\Interface\Thumbnail Size to 50 and
rescanned, result is that browsing by large album cover showed the cover
the same size as the small small album cover.
Artwork.db 541,892KB with Thumbnail size at 50

The only other plugin that I run that has an artwork variable is
Spicefly SugarCube where I have set Album Art Size to 150.

Is there a way of displaying what album art sizes are cached? (The only
entry in Settings\Advanced\Performance is 200x200_m     extGUI4LMS)

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.