Good luck. I just pushed my latest code up to my testing repository
(http://www.tux.org/~peterw/slim/slim7/repodata-test.xml) if you want to
give it a try -- includes both the full-dB code for zones 2+ and my new
code that attempts to detect & clear hung queues (gives the amp 10s to
respond to the last sent command before obliterating its queue). Neither
of those is really tested (my queue hasn't hung since I added that
code). If the hung queue detection tries to do something, you'll see a
log entry like "no response seen from amp in at least 10, clearing its
items from queue" (yes, I forgot to add "seconds" to that message). Also
0.1.38 has code to deal with garbage characters that I'm now seeing,
probably (hopefully) introduced by my Pi+USB serial adapter.

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
Note: The best way to reach me is email or PM, as I don't spend time on
the forums.
*Free plugins:*  AllQuiet Auto Dim/AutoDisplay BlankSaver ContextMenu
DenonSerial
FuzzyTime KidsPlay KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket
SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock