Michael - thanks for your help.  I'm afraid I'm not making much
progress.  I tried deleting the prefs file and letting it build a new
one.  Then if I got to the Blender and try creating a new recipe,
exactly the same thing happens - I get "ARRAY" again as the second
track.

Ok, then it's probably a bug in the Blender (which I haven't investigated yet). That's probably the piece of information I was asking for: I didn't know you started those mixes from the Blender directly.

When you say my profile only knows 371 tracks, I'm not sure I understand
where you see that - I couldn't see that in the log or the prefs file.
My LMS library has over 9000 songs.  Are you referring to my Smart Mix
library?

Smart Mix does read your library and send some metadata to the.echonest.com. This data is require to create your "taste profile". But from the logs I'm seeing that your profile only knows about 371 tracks. This can have various reasons: bad tagging in your files, a rather exotic musical taste (TEN doesn't know the vast majority of your tracks for whatever reason), or the export task fails and stops working at some point. Therefore I'd suggest you enable debugging for plugin.smartmix and re-run a full wipe & rescan. Then send me the scanner.log again. Thanks!

That said: the biggest issue in your poor mixes most likely is a bug in the Blender or playlist creation, not your data.

--

Michael