Hi Michael,

I've sent you the scanner.log file.  I'm using Safari on Mavericks.

An update to what I have tried:

1. Deleted the prefs file again to make absolutely sure that I did it
when LMS was not running.  Pretty sure I did that the first time, but
wanted to make sure.
2. I have successfully made some mixes where Smart Mix recognises the
track - so, for example, taking a well-known Cowboy Junkies track I was
able to create a mix, then edit it and play it successfully.  I've saved
a couple of recipes without problems doing that.
3. I've Reset the exported song catalog and then run analysis again -
you now have the scanner file.
4. If I try to create a mix based on a song that Smart Mix cannot
recognise, then we get the ARRAY problem.  What's surprising is that
really well known songs fall into that category - eg. songs by
Springsteen, the Stones, Bowie etc. (Try Born to Run or Ashes to Ashes
for example).  I've sent you a screen shot of what happens.

I really appreciate your efforts to help - and also completely
understand if you decide you have had enough.

Mark