Umm... there is a little difference: I CAN not fix your issue in the
folder view. I only have the choice between the documented API, which
allows me to show the artwork but causes your problems and the standard,
server-provided menu which does not have artwork.
In the end, that's a server problem.

WRT the 10-step rating system I do consider it but it has kind of low
priority since I also suspect follow-on requests causing more trouble
("Why are my iTunes-Half-Star-Ratings not imported correctly?" - "Oh
well, because that's how LMS works" - "OK, but then I have to take two
stars off your App on the App Store"....).

And no, I would not to the however-many-tap system because the rating
stars are a slider, all I would do is introduce intermediate steps which
might be a bit hard to hit right...

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*