Ikabob wrote:
> With this latest version of ipeng, while in a playlist, is it possible
> to move tracks up or down to reposition them in the line-up?

Sure. Just press "Edit" on the top of the playlist, then you can
drag&drop them. The drag&drop throughout iPeng (including the player
list and the "edit main menu" view) works a bit differently than before
in that you have to (very) briefly hold an item to pick it up, iPeng no
longer shows the handle.
That change was made for several reasons:

- this way it's consistent across the App
- in the "edit main menu" view the "stock" rearranging as provided by
  iOS (the one with the handle) doesn't work because to select the menu
  level you also need to move an item sideways
- in the player list the new scheme leads to much more obvious results
  since it allows to drop one player directly onto another player (for
  sync) or on a server (for server switching) instead of just
  rearranging them as in Apple's solution. It also means in the player
  list you can d&d without having to enter edit mode first (can't do
  that in the current playlist because it conflicts with the context
  menu).
- it saves the space for the handle which is especially precious in
  the current playlist on iPhone and in pinned mode on iPad.

ianto39 wrote:
> After long pressing a track name there'd be a 4th option after Add to
> End, Play Next, Play, called Preview or Sample etc. It'd immediately
> play 5 or 10 secs of the track starting a minute in, so you could remind
> yourself what the track sounds like before adding it to the Playlist.
> (Alternatively, Play could play without clearing the current Playlist).

I like this. Please file a ticket
https://trac.penguinlovesmusic.de/trac/ipengnat/

I also like
jimbobvfr400 wrote:

> Actually there's a good idea, if iPeng is controlling another device
> have a preview option in the context menu that plays the track locally.

Doing it only for a few seconds will probably be difficult (how many?).
How would you stop that preview and return to the "main" playlist?
Automatically after a number of seconds is something I don't trust
because iPeng might be asleep so can't trigger this anymore.
Undo gesture (shake device)?

> Could do the same thing at the album level, skip thru each track playing
> 5/10 secs of each.

Difficult. People will let iPeng fall asleep and then it doesn't work
anymore. I'm for manual skipping.

> Then field forum requests to add Settings for how far in and how long a
> sample to play :p
Over my dead body. :p

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 7, the Universal App for iOS 7*