It might be an issue on our side of things. As I mentioned before this
SmartMix integration is experimental. Don't judge the flac vs. mp3 issue
based on the SmartMix results. I'm using a hack to get WiMP tracks.
Easily possible flac gets lost in this process...

I don't know how you tried to verify the data type. But there definitely is a bug in the web UI's trackinfo handler for WiMP: it would always return information for the currently playing track, not the one you clicked. And the on-device trackinfo imho has some issue as well. That's not limited to SmartMix. I'll look into this.

--

Michael