I would really appreciate some help.

Dvorak is working now, but I since then I have had problems with Witold
Lutosławski (see the letter 'l' in surname) and now with Elīna
Garanča. And there will be many more to come I am afraid.

I have two options how to fix these problems:
1) placing artist.jpg file to album folder and rescanning again and
again and hoping that eventually MAI would decide to use it instead of
picture (Elīna Garanča.jpg) from artistpic folder
2) renaming tags so that they don't have special characters at all

But before I can fix them I must find out the which artists are causing
problems and in which albums they are.

I have set debug mode for MAI before I execute rescanning hoping to see
which artist/artists cause problems, but only error I can see in log
file is:
"Wide character in subroutine entry at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/Slim/Utils/DbCache.pm line 77"

All I can do now is testing one album by one album and checing if
rescanning fails or not. And since I have quite large music collection I
would estimate that it will take months until I am ready. So I really
need some help.