1. Where does the MAI scraper store the artist/album pictures?

If you've defined a folder where to store them, then that's the place ;-). As you seem to be interested in it, I'd suggest you check your settings.

If none is set, then there's a may_* sub-folder in LMS' Cache folder. By setting your own folder, these images should be moved there iirc.

2. Where and in what format (nfo, txt, ...) does it store the
artist/album information?

It's only stored temporarily in LMS' cache.

I am still looking for a solution to locally store this information in a
platform/software agnostic manner, i.e.

Music/artist/folder.jpg for artist picture
Music/artist/album/folder.jpg for album art

This latter should work. As well as Music/artist/album/artist.jpg.

I'll add the parent folder (Music/artist) to the todo list. Should be feasible without too much hassle.no

Music/artist/artist.nfo for artist info
Music/artist/album/album.nfo for album info

Are there any specifications for *.nfo files? Can these be considered plain text files? There already is code to find biographies etc. as txt, pdf and html. But it should be quite straight forward to be added if we can assume it's plain text and can be handled by a web browser. Could you please provide a few sample files?

--

Michael