BenH73 wrote:
> Sounds like good reasons not to do it. I will be watching with interest
> how the player goes on the Fire tv and Nexus player.
>
> Thanks for the update, the background issue is fixed. The what's new
> popup seems to come up every time I open the app. I assume it's not
> meant to keep doing it?
>
> This version may be slightly better, but the music still skips back a
> couple of seconds sometimes when the app connects if it hasn't been used
> for a little while.
>
> Having used it on windows phone a little bit now and comparing to webOS,
> there are some things I like better and others I don't. Managing
> playlists (reordering, deleting etc) was much nicer on webOS, but moving
> sideways between the screens on the windows phone version is nicer. If I
> had to pick between the 2 I would probably give webOS the edge, but that
> is where my (broken) heart is :)
>
> keep up the good work. If I end up on android I'll try out you app there
> too.
>
> Ben

Oh crap...  Yes, that dialog is not suppose to popup every time. I knew
I forgot to test something.

Not quite sure why it sometimes pauses or skips back the music when it
connects. I'll have to look into that.

The UI of the Android version is a lot closer to the webOS version.
Android didn't have many obvious UI conventions, so I just copied the
ones from webOS. Windows Phone came with such a rich and well defined
set of UI conventions, I adapted the app to better fit the platform.

The Android version also has more features than the Windows Phone
version, since Android doesn't have many limits to what an app can do.

You know, in some ways Android is becoming more like webOS. For example,
in Android 5.0 notifications are shown on the lock screen just like it
did on webOS.  I guess this is not too surprising since the lead UI
designer for webOS is now the lead UI designer for Android.

Overall I think Windows Phone is a very smooth, attractive and simple to
use OS and it's great if you're not too demanding about what you can do
with your phone. Basically a good alternative to iOS (with the exception
of not having as many apps).

However if you miss all the different things that a wide open system
like webOS allowed you to do, then Android is probably a better fit.