epoch1970 wrote:
> I don't use the feature currently but the plugin is installed on my
> 7.8.1 linux server.
> I have tried setting the "Alternate Server Delay Time" by changing the
> value in the field, and it sort of failed: on page reload the slider
> disappeared and the value stayed at 30.
> Then I reloaded the page, used the slider to reach some value and hit
> "Apply", and this time it worked.
> What happened might well be caused by the low-power platform I am using
> but I thought it worth mentioning.
>
> Anyway, I would suggest to use the slider called "Seconds to wait before
> trying to restore:" which seems set to a very low 5 seconds by default.
> I suspect your machine does not wake-up services always in the same
> order (one of the great advances of modern linux machines), and the
> plugin sends its commands over a network interface that is not fully
> operational. So increasing the delay might help.
>
> HTH

I noticed that problem with Alternate Server Delay time - doesn't work
for me either.
My setting for "Seconds to wait before trying..." is set to 30 at the
moment, so I don't think that is the issue.  Oddly, I just tried the
wake-up scenario again, and now it is all working.   Very odd.
I'm running version  20120427.163654 of the plugin by the way (beta I
think).

So...seems to work at the moment, thanks for the input!

Chris.