magee35 wrote:
> Hi again.
>
> So rereading the Erland Wiki for setup smart playlists again and I see
> that Trackstat Plugin is indeed *needed for rating based Playlists*.
> http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Setup_smart_playlists
>
> I added Trackstat to my plugins at the extension downloader. Then got
> the licensing straight for it.
>
> Going back to that smart setup page in the Wiki I decided to use the
> example to make a "*Top rated pop songs*" which "should play random that
> have a rating of 4 and above and belong to the Pop genre."
>
> Open Extras/SQL Playlist in the web interface
> Select Create new playlist
> Select playlist type : Advanced with rating
> Enter playlist parameters
> >   >   >
  - Playlist name: Top rated pop songs
  - Minimum rating: ****
  - Include genres: Mark pop deselect everything else

> Click next
> Change parameters
> >   >   >
  - Filename: topratedpopsongs.sql.values

> Click save to store the changes
>
> So I went Dynamic Playlists and I found the new Top rated pop songs
> playlist at the end of the list.
> I highlighted this new playlist and clicked play - nothing happens.
> The right panel continues to say "empty", no playlist is generated,
> nothing happens. Tried this several times with same result. Tried Save
> and play and still nothing happens.
>
> I don't know what the problem might be now. Any ideas??
Do you have any ratings of that level on your songs?  I'm not clear
where the ratings come from for trackstat unless you explicitly rate
songs with the trackstat plugin on specific tracks or albums.  Having
just installed the plugin you may have none unless you restored from a
previous backup.  Use the Trackstat menu to see what ratings you have
got.

Another way of getting ratings is to use a Rating tag in your files and
scan with Custom Scan.  I am a bit unclear on whether trackstat can work
without Custom Scan in that case.  I suggest you ask Erland (the
author).

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS & Squeeze2upnp (Beta - derived from squeezelite) to
Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC and Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Squeezelite
to PC sound.  Minimserver (server) and upplay (control point) to same
amps & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Meridian USB Explorer DAC from PCs
to speakers/headphones.  Wireless Xubuntu 14.04 laptop controls
LMS/upplay via Firefox.   Have a Touch with EDO, and a spare, but don't
use.