mherger wrote:
> And we're looking into ways to provide access to the BBC streams using
> SB/SR. I'm about to investigate which stream
> options of theirs are feasible for us. HLS is most likely out of
> question, as our players don't support it. But there's not much I can
> say yet.
>
> TBH: I didn't follow the issue from the beginning. I've seen that
> somebody posted about Shoutcast streams, which would suit our needs
> better. What's the problem with them?
>
> Michael
Thanks for the response, Michael. The problem is that the BBC is
switching off all SHOUTcast streams (bar temporarily live radio with
MP3), so we'll need to find ways of handling HLS or HDS. Thankfully with
LMS we have ways of doing this, unlike other internet radio systems -
there's a huge fuss over on the BBC blog by Jim Simmons. And also
thankfully, bpa has given us a first-pass plugin that gets HLS working.
Phew. I think it portrays LMS very positively that it is future-proofed
- maybe your colleagues at Logitech should have another look at the
Squeezebox business context?