JohnB wrote:
> On Windows 7 LMS, by default, automatically installs a LMS tray icon in
> the notification area of the Taskbar (i.e. to the right of the bar at
> the bottom of the screen - assuming you haven't moved the Taskbar
> elsewhere).
>
> The best way to stop/start LMS on Windows is to right click that LMS
> tray icon and select from the options.
>
> The options are:
>
> - Open Control Panel
> - Open Web Control (i.e. open the LMS web browser interface)
> - Start/Stop Logitech Media Server
> - Automatically run at login (toggles on/off)
>
> This is fairly basic stuff for anyone running LMS on Windows.
>
> If the LMS Tray Icon isn't visible - click on the up-arrow to the left
> of the notification area and select "Customize". Find the Logitech Media
> Server Tray Icon and set it to "Show icon and notifications"

I found that even after stopping LMS from the tray icon I couldn't
delete the cache files as there were other squeeze services still
running hence having to use task manager to stop the 2 services. A
complete re-boot would of course have started up LMS again!
That may be a peculiarity of my 2 Windows 7 installations but posted
here for the guidance of others if they're in the same boat.;)