PasTim wrote:
> In several earlier posts I think I did say 'stop LMS' before deleting
> the cache, but there have been so many posts, so little time, and a
> simple statement like 'stop LMS' can be not quite so simple as it
> appears!
>
> On linux I just stop the service (sudo service logitechmediaserver
> stop).  I assume something similar can be done on Windows, else the old
> faithful Ctrl/Alt/Del should do the trick.
>
> The "Server Power Control" plugin has an automated way of doing a
> restart LMS from within the LMS extras menu, which might help people.

Ctrl-Alt-Del brings up a window asking if you want to logoff, start the
Task Manager, and various other options on modern versions of Windows.
Only a very small number of things you can select on there will restart
LMS (eg. Reboot the PC). Please don't quote Ctrl-Alt-Del as a way of
restarting LMS, it really isn't these days.

On WHS V1 the Windows Home Server connector run from other PCs has a
window you can stop and start LMS from.