Just to confirm that this problem is defo affecting the vanilla live BBC
streams, as well. Currently running LMS 7.8.0 on a dedicated Vortexbox
Appliance in the UK and have been a long-time listener to the
bog-standard BBC streams [mainly] via a Boom, but sometimes via
Squeezeplay/Desktop PC. Since I am selecting the streams from the
standard LMS Radio menu, I assume that they are the Shoutcast mp3
streams (LMS 'playing' pane shows [for example] -BBC Radio 4 (London),
BBC Radio 4 93.5, 128kbps CBR, Radio-).

Before the BBC started this messing around, there were occasional
rebuffers (never more than one or twice a day) but now, there is a high
incidence of intermittent but frequent stuttering/rebuffering which
makes the stream all but unlistenable. Occurrence doesn't seem to
conform to any observable pattern or audience size (e.g. I've had it
occurring in the middle of the afternoon whilst 8.30 in the morning was
fine) but, when it does kick in, rebuffering seems to occur every 30
secs or so and goes on for ages. It's definitely a BBC problem cos,
whilst it's occurring, if you switch to a non-BBC stream (e.g. Radio
Paradise, Bay Smooth Jazz etc), they play perfectly.

I get the impression that it occurs less frequently with Squeezeplay
than it does with the Boom but I haven't yet got round to properly
testing this, yet.

My [non-technical] wife is an avid BBC listener, is rapidly loosing her
patience with this situation and is starting to make veiled (and not so
veiled) threats about getting shot of this "internet radio junk" and
getting a simple DAB radio. I was planning to install Triode's plugin
hoping in the hope that the problem was only associated with the
Shoutcast streams but am I correct in thinking that people are also
seeing this rebuffering via his iPlayer live stream?

All thoughts and comments appreciated