Added some new music to my library and noticed that a couple of the
purchased flac tracks were sampled at 48K.

My classics have no problem playing the 48K variants, but softsqueeze
had issues (sort of like pitch shifting down).

So I pulled the code on the two respective products and tweaked the strm
protocol. I had to change not only softsqueeze but also the server as
well. (Specifically I needed the server to not always send '?' as the
sample rate for all flac files and modify softsqueeze to react to the
given sample rate.)

The question I have is there any point in re-contributing these changes
back to the repositories? Both products are essentially dead.

Further complicating the decision is the question of is my "solution"
the best practice?

Anyone have some constructive thoughts here?