I always find it interesting at the number of softsqueeze downloads that
still happen each week, 241 for this past week alone.

The windows version has been downloaded more than 71000 times since I
released it 4 years ago.

Not bad for a long dead app!

Can the server side flac changes be applied only to softsqueeze client
versions > 2, so it doesn't screw up all the current players?
Then if you change Softsqueeze.properties:firmwareversion=3 for the new
client, nothing *should* be affected by the changes.

If we can satisfy these two conditions, with working code, I think it
would be possible to ask Michael to have the changes applied to lms
7.9.

Perhaps the jflac class could also be updated?  Maybe not to the newest,
but newer.

Unfortunately, I really can't take this on right now, but it'd be
willing to help get the code changes into the softsqueeze cvs repository
and eventually create new builds, but that's not likely before the fall.

|Filename: windowns.jpg                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18096|

Ralphy

*1*-Touch, *4*-Classics, *2*-Booms, *1*-Reverted UE Radio
'Squeezebox client builds'
(https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4q8dvq20iyz9e/Builds) 'donations'
(https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=LL5P6365KQEXN&lc=CA&item_name=Squeezebox%20client%20builds&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted)
always appreciated.