Wigster wrote:
> Now that I am runnign with player.source set to info I am getting
> completely different behaviour: the stream just stops after 5-10 seconds
> and does not rebuffer. Not sure what is happening, but it seems to fail
> because it doesn't have anything to transcode an aac with, despite the
> fact that it transcodesthe first chunks ok...

IO:select is a side effect of BBC iPlayer plugin implementation and can
be ignored.

I have a problem is due to a timeout because a request for next chunk is
not answered by BBC within timeout and stream stops.  It is happening
for me here (also non-UK) now as I type. It may be the same as your
problem but I don't get buffering.  Do you have "repeat" set on the
station ?

The timeout is set by default for 3 secs and is set by WebUI
Settings.Advanced/Network/Radio Station Timeout  - you could try setting
it to say 10 secs and see if it makes a difference.