itm wrote:
> Actually I had my firewall turned off for the whole period I was
> testing. It wasn't until I enabled UPnP on the router that I had
> success.
That is very odd indeed.  Baffling in fact.  I have never had UPnP
enabled on my router, and I've used several different servers, renderers
and control points over the years (I haven't tried a renderer over a
wireless connection).  Can I just ask whether your network is any more
complex than a router and several wired devices?  Do you use DHCP or
fixed IP addresses?  Are any devices limited to only communicating with
the internet and not with other local devices (as can be done with Guest
wireless devices)?

> Using "Chunked (open range)" seems to be resolving the problem of
> playback cut-off (so far at least). I now just need to find a way of
> getting LMS/Bridge to reconnect to the receiver after a period when it's
> been turned off.When what's been turned off?  LMS or the receiver?  If the
> latter, the
normal answer is to wait for a while (see the "Device Scanning Options"
and "Player Discovery Options"), or stop and restart the plugin.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp &
ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay
(control point) to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 15.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, plus spare, but unused.