PasTim wrote:
> Can I just ask whether your network is any more complex than a router
> and several wired devices?  Do you use DHCP or fixed IP addresses?  Are
> any devices limited to only communicating with the internet and not with
> other local devices (as can be done with Guest wireless devices)?
>
> When what's been turned off?  LMS or the receiver?  If the latter, the
> normal answer is to wait for a while (see the "Device Scanning Options"
> and "Player Discovery Options"), or stop and restart the plugin.

My network is somewhat more complex than that: an internet router (from
my ISP - Plusnet) acts as a DHCP server, with a designated range of IP
addresses for dynamic allocation. Certain devices (e.g. web server,
Humax box, HTPC, IP cameras) have static IP addresses outside of that
dynamic IP range.

None of my devices are limited to communication with the internet only
(and I have no guest network defined - there's no option for it in the
router).

In terms of physical connectivity: the main (TP-Link) 24-port switch
sits next to the ISP router (and is connected to it), and there's a
separate 12-port switch in the lounge, uplinked to the TP-Link switch
via ethernet. The Onkyo receiver is connected via ethernet to the
12-port switch in the lounge.

The server running LMS is Windows 2008, and it also runs Plex, Universal
Media Server and Tonido (as well as web/FTP).

It's the receiver being turned off that causes the problem - LMS no
longer recognises it after the receiver has been turned back on. LMS
runs 24/7.

Device scanning options are: Scan for UPnP devices every 30(s) during
15(s)
Player Discovery Options are: to "Player is enabled, but removed after
10 failed scans".