itm wrote:
> My network is somewhat more complex than that: an internet router (from
> my ISP - Plusnet) acts as a DHCP server, with a designated range of IP
> addresses for dynamic allocation. Certain devices (e.g. web server,
> Humax box, HTPC, IP cameras) have static IP addresses outside of that
> dynamic IP range.
>
> None of my devices are limited to communication with the internet only
> (and I have no guest network defined - there's no option for it in the
> router).
>
> In terms of physical connectivity: the main (TP-Link) 24-port switch
> sits next to the ISP router (and is connected to it), and there's a
> separate 12-port switch in the lounge, uplinked to the TP-Link switch
> via ethernet. The Onkyo receiver is connected via ethernet to the
> 12-port switch in the lounge.
>
> The server running LMS is Windows 2008, and it also runs Plex, Universal
> Media Server and Tonido (as well as web/FTP).
>
> It's the receiver being turned off that causes the problem - LMS no
> longer recognises it after the receiver has been turned back on. LMS
> runs 24/7.
>
> Device scanning options are: Scan for UPnP devices every 30(s) during
> 15(s)
> Player Discovery Options are: to "Player is enabled, but removed after
> 10 failed scans".
That all sounds pretty standard.

Does stopping and starting the sq2u plugin get LMS to see the Onkyo
again?

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp &
ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay
(control point) to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 15.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, plus spare, but unused.