philippe_44 wrote:
> This is a different one. Error 705 means 'Transport is locked', ie the
> Onkyo refuses commands. If you google 705 and UPnP, you'll find that
> some players like Onkyo have a setup in the menu to enable that lock.

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > Concering "Transport is locked (Code: 705)"... I need to select NET -> DNLA
manually (e.g. using the Remote or Onkyo App) before using Bubble UPNP. But
then all is working as expected. However, no gapless support.

--------------------

> Sorry I don't have the direct answer because I don't have a Onkyo, but
> it must be in some menus
>
> [edit]: See here as well
> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/1362553-onkyo-ht-rc360-cannot-play-music-reciever-wmp.html

Thanks - that has helped. It seems that if I need to select Net...DLNA
on the receiver before attempting playback, but that even if I do, if
nothing is sent to the receiver after a few seconds it will switch to an
internet radio channel from my list of favourites. It must have been
this that was "locking" the receiver.

I'm now back to trying to address the volume control issue (i.e. where
the receiver volume level is set to zero when I switch from Net to
another input source). I've tried the LMS Volume Changes "Ignore All
Changes" option, and this seems to fix the problem, but at the expense
of having no control over the volume from the LMS Server. Could you
please explain what the "Transparent forward" option means?