itm wrote:
> Thanks - that has helped. It seems that if I need to select Net...DLNA
> on the receiver before attempting playback, but that even if I do, if
> nothing is sent to the receiver after a few seconds it will switch to an
> internet radio channel from my list of favourites. It must have been
> this that was "locking" the receiver.
>
> I'm now back to trying to address the volume control issue (i.e. where
> the receiver volume level is set to zero when I switch from Net to
> another input source). I've tried the LMS Volume Changes "Ignore All
> Changes" option, and this seems to fix the problem, but at the expense
> of having no control over the volume from the LMS Server. Could you
> please explain what the "Transparent forward" option means?

You are not going to like the transparent mode where all commands from
LMS are sent, even when the player if not playing. I can be disturbing
for some case where, for example, you are listening to some other
source, you start LMS or start the bridge and volume goes to whatever
LMS has set ... can be inconvenient. In your case, I would rather find a
solution to avoid volume 0 to be sent at the wrong time. But before
going there, what seems strange is that in the log I saw, there was no
command sent by LMS to set the volume to 0 (I'll re-check). How do you
stop the playback in LMS ? (pause, on/off, remove tracks) - these
different options force a different behavior of LMS. I think for pause,
volume is set to 0 but not for stop (with the 'only while playing'
option set)

LMS 7.7.2 - 5 radio, 3 Boom, 4 Duet, 1 Touch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne
(sort of)