Man in a van wrote:
> Malcolm, just a little aside.
>
> You might want to consider running LMS on a rpi B2 or Odroid C1+ or
> another small form computer.
>
> You could still use the nas to hold your music files (and leave LMS on
> as a backup if you wish).
>
> The raspberry could be left to run all day at very little cost and would
> make this sort of maintenance much simpler.
>
> This would also allow LMS to be updated whenever you wished.
>
> It's that time of the year to make a list (who's been naughty or
> nice?).
>
> atb
>
> Ronnie.

Prior to March this year I was running LMS 24/7 using squeezeplug on a
Raspberry Pi with an attached mini 1TB drive for music files. It worked
OK but was quite slow. The QNAP NAS with built-in LMS was acquired in
March. My intention now is to learn how to apply the necessary patches
to the QNAP LMS files to restore BBC 'listen again'. I am currently at
the beginning of the learning curve on WinSCP.
Thanks again for your help,