Cebolla wrote:
> Philippe
>
> The Linn streamers are all supposed to operate under OpenHome Media
> (ohMedia,) aka UPnP with Linn extensions, so cache the complete playlist
> for all music tracks and use a different mechanism to standard UPnP to
> provide gapless playback support (ie don't support the
> SetNextAVTRansportURI action when implementing gapless). This may
> explain some of the difficulties being experienced.
>
> I'm actually surprised that the Squeeze2UPnP application can even detect
> an ohMedia streamer, given that they do not normally become visible to
> standard UPnP control points. My understanding is OpenHome uses
> different UPnP discovery property values to standard UPnP and would also
> explain why ohMedia control points can't see standard UPnP streamers.
>
> You may be able to test OpenHome streaming yourself, locally, by running
> the BubbleUPnP Server helper application, which can be configured to
> provide an emulated OpenHome streamer for any (real) standard UPnP
> streamer on the network (thus allowing it to be used by an OpenHome
> control point, in effect another bridge for standard UPnP):
> http://www.bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver/#what_is_bubble_upnp_server
>
> John

Thanks for the info ! I briefly went through it, it says that it uses
subsets of UPnP parameters/permutation/combination and the extension of
renderer-hosted playlists, but it does not seem to say it makes
incompatible with regular CP. (OhNet seems to be an extension, and there
is the audio sync option as well). Currently, what I observe in the log
is the issue with dual GET, but if this can be solved, the player might
be good to work with a regular CP. I'll read more through their forums

LMS 7.7.5 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos 2xPLAY:1,
PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBMC, Foobar2000, XBoxOne,
JRiver 21, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast v1, Pi B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+,
Odroid-C1, Cubie2