tcagle53 wrote:
> I've been using LMS with an aging linux i386 32bit system successfully
> for three years or so but recently the roku (mainsqueeze) client I was
> using became unstable and won't load playlists anymore (crashes). I saw
> this plugin today and became excited about using this as a replacement
> to integrate to my stereo system since I already have a chromecast
> (original model). I could not get a peep out of the autodiscovery of the
> devices and finally resorted to manually populating the castbridge.xml
> device node. This resulted in a visible device in the chromecast bridge
> settings page at the bottom (finally). But activation with the checkbox
> seems to not provide any love with the LMS main page having a visible
> virtual device (I assume that it would show up there not sure tho).
> Anyone know of a more friendly description of how to proceed?
>
> I am not even sure at this point that the plugin works with the first
> generation chromecast.... does it perhaps require the new audio
> chromecast device?
>
> Also I am probably showing my ignorance but when they refer to a
> renderer in the "User Guide" is that shorthand for the linkage that is
> provide to LMS web based virtual player?
>
> Is it possible that this could be as simple as opening a port on my LMS
> server?
>
> Thanks for any help or insight anyone can provide with this.

The chromecast should appear as a player in LMS - top right dropdown on
the right-hand pane in the LMS gui.

The original chromecast works fine (via hdmi)

Touch - Muse M50 EX TPA3123 T-Amp Mini - Acoustics Q10 speakers
Logitech Radio
Logitech UE Radio
O2 Joggler + SqpOS + Aune X2 T-amp + Mordaunt Short ms-3.40 speakers
UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers
UPnPBridge - Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker
UPnPBridge - Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker
UPnPBridge - PURE One Flow internet radio
Castbridge - Chromecast
SB Player - Fire TV