castalla wrote:
> Buffer already at 1000.  Just experienced another sound loss ...
I suppose you're on wifi? How does it fare wrt to ping regularity
(latency) and bandwidth?
In the guide, philippe_44 says "Network bandwidth and CPU: this requires
1.4Mbits/s per player (plus some overhead), so this puts a fair amount
of constraints on your network and CPU"

I've been using the plugin with an Airport Express (wired), a Loop
(sitting 2m away from the AE) and an AppleTV 1 (2 walls away from the
AE.) The Loop is unable to work properly, Airplay bridge or not, when
signal strength dips noticeably under 60%. The Apple TV 1 seems much
more resilient.
As for ping, the LMS server on my network pings the Loop on wifi around
2ms on average, but the max is near 10ms (and on my usual VM server max
is 30ms.)
In this environment, little to no drops for me.

4 SB 3 • Libratone Loop mk.2 • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • Squeezebox Server
7.9 (linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by
bpa • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon
Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael
Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by
Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin
Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.